Five Good Luck Gift Ideas for Inducing Prosperity
Probably not, well maybe one or two diehards, that don’t believe in luck, would not take you up on that offer.
It would be great if someone gave them a good luck gift.
In fact, I don’t know anyone who would refuse good luck if it could be offered to them. Good luck is called different things sometimes, and can have different meanings to different people.
What is considered good luck can also depend on the country and its customs.
Some call luck destiny, while others consider it a miracle. Some people don’t really think there is such a thing as luck. They may call it destiny, say things or events are preordained. They may have other explanations of it.
An argument can be made that some unknown force could be at play to explain what we consider “luck”, either good or bad.
Having an ‘edge’ over others is what some consider good luck. Someone who just seems to have everything go their way, even without trying.
Or Possibly a person that wins a big lottery of hundreds of millions of dollars who bought a single ticket to surprise his wife.
A person diagnosed with terminal cancer living 50 more years with no medical intervention. All these highly unusual situations are instances of good luck, that befall some people.
All the while others people crave for such good luck but never get it.
Good Luck Charms and Potions have been in Existence since Antiquity.
Good luck charms and potions have been in existence since the beginning of mankind. It crosses all cultures, races, and religions. We associate certain things with bringing good luck.
Let’s not forget, the same symbol can also mean bad luck to others.
Regardless, for almost any occasion, good luck gifts make ideal gifts to present to family and friends. It shows your love and that you care for the person.
If the gift is not necessarily associated with good luck, you might give them a card with it and write how it is a symbol of good luck with a paragraph or two of the history behind it.
That should really arouse their interest. They will likely appreciate the gift even more.
In times of prosperity friends will be plenty, in times of adversity not one in twenty.
Five Good Luck Gift Ideas to get you Started
- Give a gift of a bamboo tree. These are ornamental good luck gifts. People keep them in living rooms, family rooms, or kitchens. Since it is wood, it brings vitality, energy, peace, and revitalizes life. These trees can last years with proper care, so be sure to provide care instructions for the tree.
- Present them with a crystal for good luck. Not just any crystal, but an exceptionally nice looking crystal. Find one with beautiful clarity and color. Crystals are considered to possess elemental powers. They are said to inspire positive forces in the environment they are kept in.
- Buy lucky stones and have them mounted as rings or chains. Be sure to check the stones for authenticity before purchasing. Pick the nicest, most beautiful, or most unique stones you can find. The stones are a symbol of good luck so pick the best ones to represent it.
- The color and inscription of Chinese Jade make them a nice good luck charm. Many people already associate jade jewelry with good luck. So a beautiful jade accessory can make an excellent good luck gift. Don’t skimp on the cost. Make sure it’s real jade. If it’s in a setting, such as a bracelet or pendant, make sure the setting is high quality.
- Maneki Neko – The cat statue is easily recognizable as the cat will be holding one paw up. It looks like a waving cat. Maneki Neko is the famous Japanese Lucky Cat. This cat is thought to bring good fortune and wealth to its owner. Maneki Neko cats are believed to attract good fortune and are considered very lucky. Many also call these cats “money cats”.
The elephant as a Good Luck Symbol
You don’t have to hunt far to see elephant statues. They’re quite popular and seen all over the world.
It is common superstition that an elephant carving or picture should always face the door if you want to bring good luck into the house. Even in our home we have several elephant statues, with a large one facing the door with its trunk up.
The common wisdom is it protects the home when facing the entrance making sure only good fortune passes through. In Asia, many business owners may have a couple of elephants by the entrance of the building.
The most common belief about the elephant trunk is if up the elephant will shower them with good fortune or good luck.
Some however, claim that if the trunk is down it is very unlucky for the owner. A few believe the trunk being down is better and lets good fortune flow freely and naturally on everyone’s path.
Here are some Inexpensive Good Luck Charms and Gift Ideas
- Chinese Coins – Chinese coins tied with a red ribbon or inside a red envelope is an excellent good luck gift. They are inexpensive and considered very lucky.
- Goldfish – If you know your friend or family member likes fish and doesn’t have goldfish this could make a nice good luck gift.
- Birthstone – Wearing your birthstone will bring you good luck, or so they say. The magical properties of gemstones are interesting and vary with each different birthstone. Birthstone jewelry can be the perfect lucky gift for birthdays. It’s a great holiday gift too. It’s one of the best romantic gifts for Valentine’s Day.
- A Lucky Charm – Charms are a good way to carry luck wherever you go. There are lots of charms people consider lucky. Some traditional charms include four leaf clovers, horseshoes pots of gold, etc. Anything of significance to the wearer can be thought to bring good luck to them.
- Ladybug Charms – Ladybugs are popular insects worldwide. Many cultures believe ladybugs bring good luck. There are lots of lady bug gift ideas available for women.
- Rainbows – Rainbows are great lucky symbols because of the legend that says that if you dig at the end of a rainbow, you’ll find a pot of gold.
- Number 7 or 8 Charms – The number 7 has been connected with luck throughout history. It has been connected with perfection, and with gaining knowledge in many cultures. In China, you probably would be saying the number 8 is the luckiest number. That’s because the word for the number 8 in Chinese sounds a lot like the word for prosperity.
What is Feng Shui?
Published on Youtube Aug 11, 2011
Feng shui is known for increasing your luck in different areas of life like wealth, love, family, travel, career, relationships, fame and reputation, creativity and children, health and spiritual well being.
Using chi, the life-force of feng shui, we can arrange our homes and furniture to help keep the flow of chi going freely, to best enhance particular areas of our home that in turn enhance the particular areas of our life. …
A Few Feng Shui Gifts for the Home
Chinese, from f?ng ‘wind’ and shu? ‘water.’ Chinese artists have used various symbols over the ages to attract various kinds of good luck.
Today the world is making use of this art. Feng Shui, the heritage Chinese art of sculpting and capturing the auspicious luck through the beautiful figurines and placement of objects.
Feng Shui is now a house hold name in India too. Balancing and correcting the chi (positive energy) of your home by following Feng Shui Tips help encourage and invigorate energy, positivity, and flow.
- Evil Eye – Evil Eye is a traditional Feng Shui cure or symbol. It is used to stimulate good luck. It also is used to neutralizing negative and evil energies. Such energies leave adverse effects on the home and family. Give an Evil Eye wall hanging or key ring gift to present positivity to those receiving it.
- Lucky Bamboo – Lucky Bamboo plant is one of the most popular Feng Shui items. It is a very easy care plant that can survive in any kind of light. Lucky Bamboo is said to attract auspicious chi energy.
- Tortoise – Feng Shui Tortoise or Turtle is a wonderful gift. It signifies long life. Tortoise are made of resins, glass, mud, various metals, crystals and wood. There are certain rules in placing Feng Shui Tortoise in your office or home. You must follow them in order to bring long life, happiness, and prosperity.
- Three Legged Frog – It is said the three legged money frog is an excellent guardian of family money and protects it. If you wish someone lots of wealth, give them this treasure for a lifetime of money protection.
- Chimes – Chimes are usually hung outside the house. However, Feng Shui Chimes have an incredible indoor cure also. If the family is suffering financial losses the specific half-moon shaped, wood and metal based Feng Shui Chime adorned with metal coins is said to be an excellent money cure. This is a great gift idea which most anyone would appreciate whether they believe in Feng shui or not.
- Dream Catcher – These nice looking ornaments are believed to keep bad dreams away. Dream catchers come in various size. They make for an awesome decorative piece in your home or above your bed.
Write Something of the History Behind the Good Luck Gift and Tradition
Any of these can make excellent good luck gifts. When giving good luck gifts be sure you tell or write something of the history behind the good luck tradition.
A nice hand printed card can do wonders, and shows you really care. After all, how often do you see anything hand written anymore. It’s rare to even get a written letter nowadays.
Handwriting is a nice personal touch and is just the touch for good luck.
Search for that one-of-a kind gift that symbolizes good luck. It’s a wonderful thought, and a great way to shower a bit of good luck on a loved one or very special friend. Who knows, it might well bring you good luck too!
Copyright © BestowGoodLuck.com