Gemstone and Crystal Mystical Effects
Apart from using crystals and gemstones in the world of fashion these gems are believed to have healing powers.
The curative and healing effects of crystals and gemstones are not new, even though you may have never heard of it.
Many people choose the appropriate stones to cure certain diseases and have done so since ancient times. How much truth is involved and whether it is scientifically tested can be answered only by practitioners and users.
These valuable crystals and gems are recommended for healing certain diseases. However, it is not practical to depend only on the treatment provided by these precious stones.
These fine gemstones and crystals are also used as amulets by many people to protect themselves from evil. People also use the stones for color therapy and chakra purposes.
Crystal Meanings by Color
- Violet/Purple – this color provides clarity of thought and helps in gaining wisdom spiritually.
- Pink – this color is related to love and passion. It is very effective in consoling someone and helps in taking care of the mood swings.
- Clear – this color is associated with clear intuition. Whenever a person’s mind is clogged and unable to make clear decision the clear colored stone will help in making quick decision. It is also effective for good communication.
- Green – the color green is believed to have healing powers as well as aiding fertility.
- Indigo – this color is believed to clear the negative thoughts from the mind and helps in having proper meditation.
- Red – this color is believed to provide wisdom and get away with depression. Red is also associated with energy.
- Yellow –the color yellow is believed to provide mental strength.
- Blue –this color is believed to bring peace and happiness and also can cure emotional imbalances.
- Black –this color black, the combination of all colors, is believed to be the most powerful one. This helps in decision makings.
- Orange – this color relates friendship.
How to Choose Your Crystal
Now that you know the different crystal colors and their related meanings it should be easier for you to choose the one that would benefit you the most. You can also have a collection of crystals in various colors if you want to have more than one benefit.
If you don’t believe in the meanings that are associated with different colors you can choose any color of your choice. Many people have a favorite color.
That might be the one you choose if belief in healing or the metaphysical powers of crystals and gemstones is not part of your belief system.
Caring for Crystals
Experience the purity of crystals and gemstones. For that you should clean the gemstones you are buying before you use them. This is to ensure that the stone is clean from all the vibrations and the energies that would remain on the stone when touched by others.
After it has been cleaned you can wear it and start a new life getting benefits from the energies emitted from your stone.
Salt can be used for clearing the energies from the gemstone. You should bury the stone in a jar of salt for one whole day (24 hours) to get rid of other energies.
However, you should never use salty water to clean gemstones as it can cause discoloration.
You can also wash your crystal or gemstone with plain water and dry it under the sun. Alternately you can allow the stone to hear soft music to wash out any negative energy the stone may have.
Why buy Crystals and Gemstones?
People buy gemstones with many different intentions. Do you believe in the powers that are associated with each gemstone? Which color would you choose and the reason behind your particular choice of gemstone?
If you don’t believe in any lucky charms you would probably choose a color that you like.
In any case, crystals and gemstones have energy according to ancient peoples. To them the curative and healing effects of crystals and gemstones was a common tradition.
There are people today that believe in such gemstone mystical powers.
By wearing them the gemstones or crystals emit energy from the stones. Whether you believe it or not, it is better that you choose the gemstone that you think would best suit your needs.