Citrine Gemstone – Widely Known as the Money Gemstone
By Sangeeta Sinha
People wear Citrine gemstone to attract money. Another popular name for citrine is the “abundance stone”.
A very popular and common gemstone, citrine is macro-crystalline quartz, that is, silicon dioxide. It is in closer relation to amethyst (violet purple), another macro-crystalline quartz.
More golden than lemon yellow, “citrine” is the derivation from the French word “citron” meaning “lemon”.
It is said that citrine in the natural form is very rare; the gemstone that we buy and use as citrine is treated with heat to get the golden color.
Types of Citrine Available in the Market
There are many types of citrine available in the market. You should buy only the one suggested by a professional gemologist. Natural citrine that is untreated is pale yellow to golden, with tones of smoky brown.
Citrine Crystal Stone Properties, Benefits, Uses, Detailsby Crystal Therapist – Ms. Sangeeta Gupta
by Healing Temples
Published on Youtube on Sep 4, 2015
It is a stone for your ?#SolarPlexus or ?#Manipur ?#Chakra. It is a stone for ?#abundance and ?#prosperity. It ?#promotes ?#business and ?#commerce. It is also known as a ?#merchant’s business.
It is found in other colors also—dark yellow, brownish to orange red, bright orange, and light to dark yellow. To gemologists and other gem collectors, dark color citrine is preferred.
Here are some common colors:
• Palmeria citrine – bright orange
• Golden citrine – golden yellow
• Madeira citrine – brownish-red—orange-red
• Yellow citrine/Lemon citrine – lemon yellow
• Lemon quartz – citrine whose color varies from light yellow to dark yellow.
Some Important Mystical Qualities Attributed to Citrine
This gemstone stone has an old reputation of attracting prosperity to its owner. Citrine helps the owner hold on to wealth and money.
Try to own at least one piece of citrine jewelry. That should help you gain the ability to attract money.
You can also place a Citrine stonein your money jar or piggybank. You may also choose to keep a Citrine gemstone in your wallet.
Many people call citrine “the merchant’s gemstone”. Some merchants or businessmen who believe in the power of gemstones like this particular gemstone.
They place a Citrine gemstone in their cash register or sometimes close to it.
That’s supposedly how the name “the merchant’s gemstone” came about. The Citrine gemstone is considered very lucky for people engaged in business.
Chakra and Healing Powers of Citrine
Citrine is an excellent purifier. It strengthens concentration, intelligence and wisdom, and therefore, is used for chakra healing and balancing the energy levels.
• The 3rd chakra, that is, the solar plexus, is known to control both our digestive and immune systems. Citrine not only balances the physical effects of the chakra, but also helps the wearer in interpreting everything through his/her emotions and thoughts. It also helps the wearer to lead a courageous life without fearing anyone.
• The 2nd chakra, that is, the sacral chakra, is the body’s center of gravity, center of life force, and as such, energy and information flow to and fro body and mind is controlled by it. Citrine not only balances the chakra’s physical effects, but also makes the wearer graceful, spirited and flexible.
• Situated at the top of the head, the 7th chakra, that is, the crown chakra controls our thought process and our responses thereof. Our spirituality stems from this chakra. The golden rays from citrine help the wearer to balance the chakra and impart knowledge on life’s reality. Balancing the 7th chakra automatically balance the 2nd and the 3rd chakra.
The healing powers of citrine are many, and as such, it is very beneficial to its wearer:
• Increases energy and stamina
• Supports metabolism and the endocrine system
• Benefits in reversing degenerative diseases and chronic fatigue syndrome
• Balances thyroid
• Stimulates pancreas and spleen
• Stimulates great digestion
• Relieves skin allergies and irritations
• Benefits the bladder and kidney
• Balances the female hormones, difficult menstruation and menopausal problems
• Helps in short term memory loss
• Takes care of depression and its many related symptoms
• Counteracts toxic and ill effects of medicines due to long usage
When taken in the form of elixir, citrine balances the female hormones, difficult menstruation and menopausal-related problems.
Unusual Citrine Gifts
Metaphysical Properties of Citrine
Citrine’s positive attributes in the form of metaphysical properties are many.
• Citrine is a very powerful regenerator; equally powerful is its cleansing action.
• This gemstone helps in self-inspiration, self-improvement and self-healing.
• It helps the wearer to overcome phobias, fears and depression.
• It aids in overcoming low self-esteem.
• Wearing the gemstone makes the wearer very optimistic, and helps in removing the mind from the past.
• It helps in awakening the inner senses, mind, thought clarity, inner calm and awareness.
• It makes the wearer more wise and knowledgeable.
• It aids in stimulating the intellect and overcoming any difficulty.
• It helps in analyzing any situation and thereby, finding solutions to all problems that keep affecting life.
• The gemstone helps in accepting criticism that is constructive and shows the way of reacting to the criticisms.
More Citrine Gifts
Citrine Metaphysical Properties Continued
• It helps in steadying and controlling the emotions and keeping them balanced so that no harm is done.
• It aids the wearer to remain calm in any situations, mostly those which are challenging.
• It is creative and energizing, and makes the wearer open and flexible to new situations and experiences.
• It helps in eliminating family discords, or problems between friends or groups.
• It makes the wearer to be more proactive than reactive.
• The gemstone turns the wearer to a good listener from an unnecessary talker.
• It helps in drawing out the negativity and making the peaceful and tranquil.
• Wearing it makes the wearer to control anger and curb any tendencies toward destruction.
• It has the ability to attract mentors, guides and friends who would be very helpful.
• It helps the wearer to be wealthy and generous.
Source of Citrine
The largest producer of citrine is Brazil; therefore, it is the first producer. Russia, Namibia, Zaire, Spain, Argentina and Madagascar follow next.